KOffice downgrade?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:16:04 UTC 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009 09:41:00 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Monday 05 October 2009 10:10:14 Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've just read email from KOffice developers and seems we did it right -
> > they are still strongly against shipping in stable distro.
> >
> > "I would like to restate that we strongly advised against shipping 2.0.x
> > in a stable release of a distribution. If you can't provide package for
> > 1.6, we consider that it is better to have no koffice than 2.0." by
> > Cyrille Berger.
> >
> > Jaroslav
>
> The warning can't be made any stronger. Thanks Jaroslav. Honest and to the
>  point, Support that is expected from OpenSource. I will be removing
>  koffice from my pc soonest.

Just for clarification - I've been running the betas for quite some time.  I
don't think there's any problem with having it installed, and of course bug-
reporting is always helpful.  It's just that there are some quite severe bugs
still to resolve.  IOW, if you want to help and have time to, go on using
Rex's build, but don't expect it to be productions-system-perfect.  It won't
be.

As you say, it's fair and honest that the devs have made that statement.