KDE 4.3.1 is the poop ! (rekonq)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 07:23:43 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 22:38:38 Ryan Rix wrote:
> Linuxguy123 wrote:
> >> Have you tried rekonq?  I've only tried it briefly, but I did like it.
> >
> > You, my dear, are an angel !   Thanks for enlightening me about rekonq.
> > It doesn't crash on some of my fav websites like konq does.  And its the
> > same as konq.  Fabulous.
>
> It's missing a few features (access keys, adblock filter, to name a few)
> that keep me on konq right now. But rekonq definitely shows some hope
> here...

You can try Arora - it has really very simple UI but as Qt application similar
to Konqueror. Access keys unfortunately work only with Qt 4.6 but there's ad
block (I don't use it) and flash block (with load flash button). Latest version
0.10.x supports password storage (but still not integrated with KWallet). It's
not well integrated to KDE but I like the speed and simple UI, especial on my
old EEE 701.

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>