KDE 4.3.1 is the poop ! (rekonq)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:44:10 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 08:23:43 Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> > > You, my dear, are an angel !   Thanks for enlightening me about rekonq.
> > > It doesn't crash on some of my fav websites like konq does.  And its
> > > the same as konq.  Fabulous.
> >
> > It's missing a few features (access keys, adblock filter, to name a few)
> > that keep me on konq right now. But rekonq definitely shows some hope
> > here...
>
> You can try Arora - it has really very simple UI but as Qt application
>  similar to Konqueror. Access keys unfortunately work only with Qt 4.6 but
>  there's ad block (I don't use it) and flash block (with load flash
>  button). Latest version 0.10.x supports password storage (but still not
>  integrated with KWallet). It's not well integrated to KDE but I like the
>  speed and simple UI, especial on my old EEE 701.

I've just installed it (on F11).  It was horribly slow to start up, and I
couldn't find any way to import my firefox bookmarks.  Then I tried to import
an html bookmark file from an earlier mozilla, and it simply shut down the
import interface, putting me back in the browser window.  No imported
bookmarks were visible.

Any idea why?