KDE 4.3.1 is the poop ! (rekonq)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 10:20:47 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 10:44:10 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 October 2009 08:23:43 Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> > > It's missing a few features (access keys, adblock filter, to name a
> > > few) that keep me on konq right now. But rekonq definitely shows some
> > > hope here...
> >
> > You can try Arora - it has really very simple UI but as Qt application
> >  similar to Konqueror. Access keys unfortunately work only with Qt 4.6
> > but there's ad block (I don't use it) and flash block (with load flash
> > button). Latest version 0.10.x supports password storage (but still not
> > integrated with KWallet). It's not well integrated to KDE but I like the
> > speed and simple UI, especial on my old EEE 701.
>
> I've just installed it (on F11).  It was horribly slow to start up,

Interesting, that's why I use it - fastest startup I've ever seen. I have no
idea.

> and I
> couldn't find any way to import my firefox bookmarks.  Then I tried to
>  import an html bookmark file from an earlier mozilla, and it simply shut
>  down the import interface, putting me back in the browser window.  No
>  imported bookmarks were visible.

I've never tried to import bookmarks, let me check it or better file a bug (as
reminder, my head is like pipe - one ear in, another one out :D)

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275