KDE 4.3.1 is the poop ! (rekonq)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:21:37 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:00:52 Martin Kho wrote:
> > > I've just installed it (on F11).  It was horribly slow to start up,
> >

> > Interesting, that's why I use it - fastest startup I've ever seen. I have
> >  no idea.
>
> When i started using Arora started up very slow, but after blacklisting
>  ipv6  all slowness was gone.

All of which made me try it again.  This time it opened up amazingly fast,
and...

> On 09-06-09 I imported my bookmarks from Firefox - bookmarks.html - without
>  a  problem. This, on rawhide and F11.

all my bookmarks are there!

So what was happening?  Maybe it was still doing some 'first-time' stuff,
making it slow to launch.  It's odd about the bookmarks - they were definitely
not showing at the time - but maybe it needs a re-start to read them.

Anyway, whatever the reasons, it now is a very promising possibility.