How to setup dual head?

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Thu Oct 8 10:44:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 09:25:33AM -0400, Christian González wrote:

>>> What is wrong with "System Settings -> Display"? Works fine for setting
>>> up dual-head for me.

> Confirmed. "System Settings -  Display" don't work for dual-head (at least
> here). All I get when clicking the multi-monitor module is a message:
> "This module is only for configuring systems with a single desktop spread
> across multiple monitors. You do not appear to have this configuration."
> Note that using "xrandr --output VGA1 --right-of LVDS1" or Arandr works like
> a charm.

You said that you're using intel graphics?

As far as I know for F11 there is a huge difference between 965 and
newer chipsets vs. everything else (8xx etc.).

So if you're using an 8xx chipset there is a good chance that stuff will
just work once F12 is released as the new intel driver (in combination
with the new kernel) fixes a lot of issues with those chips.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net