How to setup dual head?

Christian González chgonzalezg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:17:51 UTC 2009

2009/10/8 Sven Lankes <sven at lank.es>

> > Confirmed. "System Settings -  Display" don't work for dual-head (at
> least
> > here). All I get when clicking the multi-monitor module is a message:
> > "This module is only for configuring systems with a single desktop spread
> > across multiple monitors. You do not appear to have this configuration."
> > Note that using "xrandr --output VGA1 --right-of LVDS1" or Arandr works
> like
> > a charm.
>
> You said that you're using intel graphics?
>
> As far as I know for F11 there is a huge difference between 965 and
> newer chipsets vs. everything else (8xx etc.).

 [christian at laptop ~]$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

So if you're using an 8xx chipset there is a good chance that stuff will
> just work once F12 is released as the new intel driver (in combination
> with the new kernel) fixes a lot of issues with those chips.

Altought I'm not using 8xx, I'm tempted to switch to Rawhide just for
testing the new driver and kernel. Is Rawhide in good state right now? IIRC,
Beta is close.
--
Christian González G.
http://chgonzalez.blogspot.com