PolicyKit-kde?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Sat Oct 10 07:40:27 UTC 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009 20:51:09 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Is PolicyKit-kde not required for rawhide/f12?

Hi, unfortunately we weren't able to prepare our Polkit 1 rewrite for F12 - we
are always one step behind PolicyKit upstream as we depends on their work.
Polkit-qt library is nearly ready to release, we went different path than old
one. The old one was just one method for checking authorization + GUI part,
now it's 1:1 mapping of Polkit-gobject-1 library to Qt. So it was more difficult
but now we have ground for KAuth & KDE authentication agent. It should be
really easy to write support! I hope next one, two weeks to release it and
ship in Rawhide! For F12 we're going to use Gnome authentication agent but as
Polkit us not so wide used in Fedora yet, it's not a big deal - PackageKit +
some system configuration tools (kdump, services). In KDE 4.4. situation is
going to change as lot of KDE system settings modules are going to use KAuth.

Jaroslav