Are we any nearer to having Strigi?

Ariel Constenla-Haile ariel.constenla.haile at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 10 23:17:55 UTC 2009

Hello Petrus,

On Saturday 10 October 2009, 15:54, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Thomas Janssen wrote:
> > We're speaking of the Soprano Backend.
>
> Just following the discussion. The trueg.wordpress.com
> link provided earlier in this thread refers to virtuoso
> and virtuosobackend (not that I have a clue what the
> difference is between all of this stuff --

this week there have been some blogs about Nepomuk at al.

http://thomasmcguire.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/akonadi-nepomuk-and-strigi-explained
http://tokoe-kde.blogspot.com/2009/09/pimp-my-nepomuk.html
http://mat69.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/nepomuk-is-useful-but-is-it-useable

> just trying to learn how to get it working

you won't make the Virtuoso backend work, it depends on
KDE trunk (= you have to download the source from SVN
and build it yourself).

You can test which backend Nepomuk is using by perfoming
on a terminal (with Nepomuk running, of course )

qdbus org.kde.NepomukStorage /nepomukstorage usedSopranoBackend

in Fedora this will output
redland

Regards
--