Is there any way to make GTK apps look nicer by default under KDE?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Oct 15 14:24:20 UTC 2009

On 10/15/2009 04:11 PM, Jud Craft wrote:
> Usually I always install QtCurve and the KDE4 runtime libraries, so my
> programs look pretty consistent.  Would be nice if a consistent
> cross-desktop style (whether Nodoka/GtkQtStyle in KDE, which is pretty
> decent, or Cleanlooks all around) was used.
>
> GtkQtStyle is quite impressive.  Only downside is that it works great,
> but it seems to crash KDE-Systemsettings when I activate it...maybe
> this has been remedied.

Frankly, I don't think Fedora's KDE spin should incur
the efficiency burden of Qt calling into GTK+ for in-
terface drawing. Add to that that all of the availa-
ble GTK+ style engines (with the possible exception
of QtCurve with a good set of configs, but that also
has a native Qt version) look fairly dated compared
to KDE's Oxygen, so it would be a pulling down of KDE
to Gnome's level, visually.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein