Is there any way to make GTK apps look nicer by default under KDE?

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:22:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> That was a bug which was fixed with early F9 updates. (Something was wrong
> with the gtkrc search path.) We haven't seen it since. F10 should have
> worked out of the box. If you encountered this issue, why didn't you report
> it?

I fixed it and got on with my life.  I also have other things to do.  :)

Sadly, I also halfway assumed that was status quo.  I wasn't surprised
when it didn't work right.  At the time, PackageKit was also out of
place, and the KNetworkManager was gone.  KDE 4.0 was a patchwork of a
Fedora environment, and I didn't want to get into it.

I am glad it's doing better - and I do like KDE 4.2 in Fedora.  But
you asked, so there's my reason.