Second qt 4.6 update

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 21 08:39:04 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 08:14:00 Christoph Kaulich wrote:
> Am Dienstag 20 Oktober 2009 20:51:35 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> >
> > I've just installed qt-4.6.0-0.2.beta1.fc11 on my main laptop - I've been
> > putting it off.  Kontact will not start at all. I tried renaming the
> > kontactrc, but it made no difference.  KMail, KAddressbook, KOrganizer
> > and Akregator all work as stand-alone.  Any ideas?
> >

> I have a similiar problem here, i t is korganizerrc to rename, then kontact
> ist starting again.

Hi, Christoph

You are right - it's a different manifestation of the same problem on the
netbook.  There kontact would open, but crashed if I tried to open the
calendar.  Here kontact wouldn't open at all.  In both cases renaming
korganizerrc cured it.

I've kompared korganizerrc and korganizerrc.old - the first is 14 lines long,
and the old one is 140 lines long, so the new one is definitely minimalist.
However, I don't know enough to recognise what part of the old one is causing
the problem.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, once again ;-)