No authentication in Systemsetting -> Printer Configuration

Martin Kho lists.kho at
Thu Oct 22 11:34:58 UTC 2009

In System Settings -> Printer Configuration I tried to change some Options.
This action needs root access, but no authentication pop up box appears.
Instead I get:

"There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'client-error-forbidden'."

Using "system-configure-printer" gives an authentication pop up box.

I'm running fedora 11, kde 4.3.1-9 (x86_64)

Anyone else seeing this? Do I miss a package, have something wrongly configured
or is it just a bug?

Martin  Kho