How to delete/map Activities?

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:17:26 UTC 2009

I have plasma set to use 4 desktop activities, one for
each virtual desktop.

For some reason there are 6 activities (why?) and at
each login it can, and occasionally does, happen that
a different activity is mapped to a virtual desktop.
The configuration will stay for days, even a couple of
weeks, and then, all of a sudden one morning when I
boot up, an activity will appear on the 'wrong'
virtual desktop (not a big problem) and one of the
unused activities will appear on a virtual desktop
(definitely a nuisance).

How can I delete the undesired activities (there is no
delete X when I zoom out)?

Why does the one appearing on virtual 1, vt 2, etc.
keep changing without any action on my part?