How to delete/map Activities?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 27 19:15:12 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 17:58:36 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Do plasmoids on activities that are not being used eat
> up cpu capacity?

I think it depends what they are.  Those that dynamically update, such as
weather plasmoids, probably do.  Those that are fairly static, like the
picture frame, probably eat very little.  You may have to run a monitor
plasmoid (personally I still like to have gkrellm running) while you do some
tests.  I notice that whenever I check top I see X and kwin as the top two
contenders, though individually they don't seem too bad.  I should state,
though, that this laptop is 4.5 years old, so it's not too surprising that
it's sometimes working hard.