How to delete/map Activities?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:56:48 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 20:18:20 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Those that dynamically update, such as weather
> > plasmoids, probably do.  Those that are fairly
> > static, like the  picture frame, probably eat
> > very little.
>
> Sounds good. On my desktop computer, weather and rss
> update only every 30 minutes here, so should be
> minimal strain. Picture frame, when I use it, changes
> every 2 minutes or so, so that would suggest somewhat
> increased load, but also minimal.
>
> Again, you have stilled my concerns, so I can likely
> even begin using plasmoids on my 3.5 year old laptop,
> where I always refrained, due to concerns about
> sapping processor power :-)

I know those concerns, only too well :-)  This laptop is 4.5 years old, and
wasn't state-of-the-art when I bought it.  It has ATi Mobility Radeon X600
graphics ,  so it's little short of amazing that I can use desktop effects at
all, but I carefully use only the minimum of effects, and temporarily disable
them if watching video, for instance.

Again, I don't have too many plasmoids, but the number does seem to grow over
time, when things prove themselves useful.  Currently I have two folderviews
(to remote drives), a picture frame, yawp, pastebin, analogue cloc showing two
time-zones and opendesktop plasmoids.  The only problems I have relate to
firefox, not to plasma or plasmoids.