How to use strigi

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 6 10:18:49 UTC 2009

2009/9/6 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> On Sunday 06 September 2009 05:06:54 Sonic wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>>    Can someone help me with Strigi setup? All I want to have is *fast
>> desktop search* based on filename & file content. I do not want to rate
>> or tag my files. So, I guess I don't need Nepomuk. But, is this possible?
>>
>> I'm running KDE 4.3 on Fedora 11.
>>
> I don't believe it is possible to use strigi without nepomuk running.  Why do
> you not want to use it?

My reason to not want to use it would be: Nepomuk - Redland backend ==
yuck slow and makes Dolphin freeze until it gets whatever it needs

AFAIK there's no other backend yet in Fedora. but i might be wrong
(trying to catch up what i missed trough the last very busy week).

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium