kde-4.3.1 networkmanager applet

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 11:27:37 UTC 2009

The systray icon still needs UI work.  I put machine to sleep while using the
wifi, then woke up with wired eth connected.  It did not autoconnect to wired.

I could click on icon, choose 'system eth0' and then it connected.  But I
don't see any way to set it to autoconnect.  If I go to 'manage connections',
system eth0 isn't there, in fact, nothing is there under wired.  I don't want
to confuse things by creating a new connection, since there seems to be a
'system eth0' concept already.

I don't think it gives visual feedback.  nm-applet shows feedback while
connecting, and on mouseover tells me what it's doing.  This is important.