securing wake from sleep

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Sep 16 05:34:25 UTC 2009

Is it KDE's job to secure the screen/keyboard behavior when suspending
to RAM or disk?

I've noticed that on wake, with a password required for wake, that the
screen before sleeping is visible before it's blanked.  Also, sometimes
I can send keyboard input to the system before the blanked screen kicks
in. The window of opportunity is pretty small for typing, and I can only
read the screen for a few seconds, but it's not a secure wake.  I'm
testing this on a netbook which takes its sweet time doing anything.

Anyway, I don't really know which part of the stack should be handling
this - wanted to get some feedback before filing inappropriate bugs.

Thanks,
-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle