QtMultimedia V. Phonon -- The full story?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Sep 16 11:52:55 UTC 2009

On 09/16/2009 07:51 AM, Ryan Rix wrote:
> Sorry if I sound ignorant on the subject (I am) and thanks for helping me
> out. This'll be in FWN next week under the (new) KDE beat if I can get a
> handle on this issue.

This situation is very much in flux right now, and I would
advise you not to write an article about it. Sorry I can't
go into more detail. But anything you could write would
amount to speculation (and is likely to cause unrest), and
I don't think any of the involved parties currently knows
with certainty how things will develop and what APIs will
end up being where. Please stay tuned and wait for more
info to come out of Nokia in the future. Rest assured that
communication between KDE and Nokia is ongoing in the mat-
ter.

However, I can say that KDE remains committed to Phonon
for the forseeable future.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein