What happend to the file-size view in Konqueror?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:48:44 UTC 2009

On Sunday 20 September 2009 19:25:01 Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Christon for your help :)
>
> > I didn't realise that it had been ported to KDE 4.  I have the plugins
> > package, but I still can't see it (and like Clemens, I thought it a very
> > useful tool, so I'd like to see it again).  How do you get it to display?
>
> After installing the plugins package, I was able to enable it with
> View-Menu->"View Mode"->"File Size View"

Strange - I don't have that.

rpm -qi konq-plugins
Name        : konq-plugins                 Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 4.3.1                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 1.fc11                        Build Date: Sun 06 Sep 2009
18:16:45 BST
Install Date: Wed 09 Sep 2009 17:09:02 BST      Build Host:
x86-4.fedora.phx.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM: konq-
plugins-4.3.1-1.fc11.src.rpm
Size        : 5445097                          License: GPLv2+ and LGPLv2+
Signature   : RSA/8, Tue 08 Sep 2009 00:14:36 BST, Key ID 1dc5c758d22e77f2
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://extragear.kde.org
Summary     : Additional plugins that interact with konqueror
Description :
Some additional plugins that interact with konqueror
* adblock: AdBlock plugin
* akregator: Add feeds directly to akregator (kdepim is needed)
* autorefresh: Refresh websites after a specifig period
* babelfish: Translate a website with babelfish
* crashes: Crash monitor
* dirfilter: Filter the current directory in many ways
* domtreeviewer: Displays the document object model in a box
* fsview: Graphical Disk Usage for inode/directory
* imagerotation: service menu to image operations
* khtmlsettingsplugin: Enable/disable some HTML settings
* kimggalleryplugin:  Creates an HTML page with thumbnails of
  all the images in the current directory.
* mediarealfolder:  service menu to open a medium mountpoints
* minitools: Implement bookmarklets into konqueror
* rellinks: Allows access to relations defined in the header of a document
* searchbar: Search Bar
* sidebar: a small embedded mediaplayer, for songs/video preview
* smbmounter: provides two menus items to smbmount/umount samba shares
* uachanger: Change the user agent for websites
* validators: Website validators
* webarchiver: Web Archiver

Hmm - ImageGallery, as well!  I don't recall seeing that in the menu, either.