Date format

Andrew Parker gbofspam at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 15:39:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 09:00 -0400, John Aldrich wrote:
>> Of course, I wouldn't want to force our European friends to use
>> that format, since that's not what they're used to, but I also don't
>> like having to use the European format since it's not what *I* am used
>> to. :-)
>
> Just to be pedantic, what you call the "European" format is actually the
> "everywhere else in the world except the US" format :-)

Don's "I can be a bigger pedant than you" hat...

what you call the "European" format is actually the "everywhere else
in the world except for _most_ of the US" format :-))

Parts of the US government use DD/MM/YYYY.  All customs and
immigration forms that I have seen are in that form.  This is
presumably a tip of that hat to the rest of the world.