Fedora 12 KDE 64 bit Live CD won't boot

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 06:02:21 UTC 2010

On Saturday, April 3, 2010, Ryan Rix <ry at n.rix.si> wrote:
> On Fri 2 April 2010 9:24:39 pm stosss wrote:
>> Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.
>>
>> Has any one else had a problem with the Fedora 12 x86_64 KDE Live CD
>> not booting?
>>
>> I have a Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU E5200  @ 2.50GHz
>>
>> I have also tried Debian and Gentoo. they won't boot either.
>>
>> LFS does boot but won't read the SATA drives because that Live CD is to
>> old.
>
> Can you provide more details than that? "not booting" is a very wide margin
> of guess, after all :)
>
> Given that Debian and gentoo don't boot either I'm apt to blame your
> hardware, but let's see...

It will not boot. The box starts to read the CDs and then stops and
the goes blank and the box just freezes there are no error messages of
any kind. The LFS CD and the SysRescueCD both boot. Any 32 bit OS will
boot. I have a 32 bit OS installed.

--
If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become