F13: KDE crashes with OpenGL effects turned on, Intel graphics

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 22:59:21 UTC 2010

Thomas Ritter wrote:

> Hi...

I don't have this problem. I also run F13 with Intel on both
my desk- and laptops.

In past releases I did have the problem. It was due to
having plasmoids enabled that were not part of kde-plasma-
addons or otherwise contained in the standard kde packages.

Do you have xbar, translatoid, runcommand, ihatethecashew or
others like that enabled? If so, try uninstalling them and
see if the problem persists.

I have also upgraded to kde-4.4.2 yesterday, by manually
pulling all the packages off koji. Other non-plasmoid
problems disappeared, namely akonadi and nepomuk ones.