F13: KDE crashes with OpenGL effects turned on, Intel graphics

Thomas nethad at gmx.net
Thu Apr 8 07:44:22 UTC 2010

Today there was an update for KDE (4.2.2) and x.org (1.8 final I think) and I tried to enable OpenGL again to see if the bug still exists.

The effects work when I enable them, as long as I don't start certain apps it looks OK. I then tried to start firefox using KRunner (Alt+F2) and it crashed (it went blank and then took me to the kdm login screen), from the ~/.xsession-errors I got:

<snip>
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/firefox
kaccess: Fatal IO error: client killed

kglobalaccel: Fatal IO error: clientkwalletd: Fatal IO error: client killed
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
      after 20 requests (8 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
rtkde: Could not start ksmserver. Check your installation.
</snip>

X crashes if I start konqueror or systemsettings, too.

Should I report this to bugzilla.redhat.com?