KDE questions.

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 03:58:07 UTC 2010

Jaroslav,

Thanks for your responses.

When I say "widget" I think of the X11 term, is that the right word? Like the xterm? Like the browser? Like any "thing" that is displayed by the window manager. With KDE 3.5 I was able to map alt-up to raise a "thing" (widget sounds so much more elegant) which isn't all that exciting, the alt-down key sequence I had mapped to the toggle raise and lower. I used this a lot. Is it gone now? I know that there are other ways to get a "thing" to come to the top but I got used to the alt- sequences. Are they gone now?

Regards,

George...