Kdevelop RC not locating plugins (aka missing kde-filesystem update)

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Apr 12 15:19:40 UTC 2010

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> Ravi wrote:
>>> The kdevelop RC in kde-unstable (kdevelop-3.10.0-1.fc12.x86_64) has
>>> plugin loading issues; see error messages below.
>>
>> It's probably built against kdelibs 4.4.2, which means you need to run at
>> least 4.4.2 for the plugins to load (the plugin loader has a strict
>> runtime version check).
>
> kdevelop-libs and kdevplatform-libs are supposed to have versioned kdelibs
> deps to catch that kind of thing,
>
> %{?_kde4_version:Requires: kdelibs4%{?_isa} >= %{_kde4_version}}
>
> But it seems it didn't work here. ??

Oh fiddlesticks, %_kde4_version was defined starting with kde-
filesystem-4-31 and I forgot to actually issue an update for this for < f13.
(I originally intended on including this with (or prior to) kde-4.4.0, but I
guess I forgot).

Better late than never,
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kde-filesystem-4-33.fc12
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kde-filesystem-4-33.fc11