Need help getting my address book back

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:07:51 UTC 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010 18:57:48 Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 04/12/2010 12:53 PM, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > So in the major KDE update before the last, I seem to have lost the
> > ability to add (or otherwise change) my address book (which had since
> > been renamed to anaondi something). I did the most recent update in
> > the hope that the problems had been resolved, now I can't use my
> > Kontact address book at all, the window is blacked out with the
> > message "Akonadi is not operational".
> >
> > Since I didn't do anything to break Akonadi, I'm unsure of what to do
> > to fix it. Can anyone assist please?
>
> See if these help,
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook_4.4
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_and_AddressBook

And since akonadi is not operational, you may also need
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_4.4/Troubleshooting

The mention of "the major KDE update before the last" makes me wonder if you
were caught in the database changeover, so you may wish to try the commands
that are given for removing the old nepomuk database and rebuilding it.

Also, if you use SELinux the Apparmor section could apply to you.

KDE Community Working Group