Fwd: RE: [Ilg] Installing xf86-video-intel-2.10

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:07:23 UTC 2010

My new laptop has the i915 video chipset, which doesn't work with the Fedora-
included Intel driver, so I tried to install the latest driver.  When I
couldn't get a result from that I forwarded the log file to Intel and asked
for help - incidentally, I'm impressed.  I asked yesterday early evening and
when I logged in this morning I had a reply.

The bug report how-to linked below is to file a bug to freedesktop.org - and
frankly looks scarey in the amount of digging it seems to require.  However,
in view of the answer below, I wonder if it's more appropriate anyway to file
a Fedora bug?  And what does he mean by the 'kernel config file'?