Kmail no longer quoting when I try to reply

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 17 11:14:37 UTC 2010

On Friday 16 April 2010 21:07:11 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> 2010/4/16 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> > On Friday 16 April 2010 03:56:21 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >> After spending about 15 minutes trying to figure out how to create a
> >> new 'tag', KMail has stop quoting, or in any way referencing an email
> >> that I am trying to reply to.
> >>
> >> So I am now having to manually copy and "paste as quoting" when I am
> >> replying.
> >>
> >> Anyone know how to fix this?
> >
> > Yes, it sounds as though you have damaged your templates.  Go to
> > Configure KMail > Composer Settings > Standard Templates tab.  You need
> > to have the
>
> > following:
> Thanks Anne, you are a great help.
>
> I would like to say that I didn't damage anything:

I wasn't implying that it was anything you had deliberately done :-) - just
that the templates had become damaged.  See below.

> all my templates
> were set to %BLANK, and I did not go to each template and blank it
> out, especially since I've done nothing more than click on the tab in
> my search for 'tags'

This happened to me once, but it's a long time ago.  I did talk to the
developers about it, but we never could find why it happened.

> This tab needs a minimum of a 'reset to default' button

I guess that that's useful for almost any settings page.

KDE Community Working Group