Ping Kevin Kofler

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Apr 20 10:25:56 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 12:15:31 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>
wrote:

> >> Managed to get the message back:
> >>
> >> /usr/libexec/gst-install-plugins-helper gstreamer|0.10||On2 VP6/Flash
> >> decoder| decoder-video/x-vp6-flash requires an additional plugin to
> >> encode this file
> >>
> >> The following plugin is required:
> >> On2 VP6/Flash decoder
> >
> > You need GStreamer VP6 decoder plugin. These plugins are located in
> > RPMFusion repository, gstreamer-ffmpeg should help you.
>
> Interesting. To have gnash close to as functional as the flash-plugin,
> you need plugins from rpmfusion. Anne, how is the CPU consum with
> gnash? The same or close to flash-plugin? If not, where's the
> advantage of gnash over flash-plugin?

Gnash uses GStreamer... I think this is quite a big advantage over original
Flash plugin. If GStreamer can use accelerated drivers, then Gnash can too.
And probably everything is faster than original Flash :D Other advantage - and
for Kevin - the top one - it's open source implementation!

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275