Peculiar behaviour of akonadi

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 20 20:07:55 UTC 2010

2010/4/20 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> On Tuesday 20 April 2010 19:18:38 Thomas Janssen wrote:
>> 2010/4/20 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
>> > Among the problems I'm having with F13 is the very strange behaviour of
>> > akonadi.  I had been running kontact earlier, and shut it down.  While
>> > trying to troubleshoot this problem I've used System Activity Monitor to
>> > close the left-behind threads, I've tried logging out to clear any
>> > left-overs, and I've even rebooted.  The situation now is this:
>> >
>> > A kontact tab sits in my taskbar - but I can't access kontact.  The
>> > 'Starting Akonadi server....' progress bar has been running back and
>> > forth for several minutes.  Nepomuk is running, Strigi isn't.
>> >
>> > $ akonadictl status
>> > Akonadi Control: running
>> > Akonadi Server: running
>> > Akonadi Server Search Support: available (backend: Virtuoso)
>> >
>> > This is after an 'akonadictl stop' and 'akonadictl start'.
>>
>> Does the Kontact GUI appear if you run:
>> qdbus org.kde.kontact /kontact/MainWindow_1 com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget.show
>
> Unfortunately, the Akonadi progress bar is still whizzing away, and I can't do
> anything inside the main kontact window :-(

As expected. I fixed it permanently by, moving the old configs (in
.kde/share/config) away in my user account, log in to my old user
account, starting kontact once and cp the rest of the not fresh
created configs back. I diffed the old stuff against the new stuff,
but to be honest it was way to much output for my spare time to find
the culprit. So, sorry, that's all help i can offer.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium