kontact not working - missing files [partly SOLVED]

Dj YB yehielb at mail.ru
Wed Apr 21 11:56:04 UTC 2010

On Wednesday April 21 2010 14:27:48 Dj YB wrote:
> hello,
> I have tried the pim-users list but got no solution.
>
> when I start kontact the next files are reported missing and the program
> dies.
>
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kontact/local-todo.rc
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kontact/local-.rc
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kontact/default-.rc
>
> this has something to do with the summary module since it only started
> after choosing it, and now it is the default and I can't run kontact at
> all. this problem started after the update to 4.4.2
>
> Fedora 11

when disabling the summary view editing ~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc , I have
managed to run kontact again.

when enabling the calendar \ to-dos plugins I have the following error message
when exiting kontact: "unknown error no transaction in progress"
when enabling the special dated plugin kontact won't run.

regards,
YB.