kontact not working - missing files

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 12:00:18 UTC 2010

Reply to All / Reply to List
On Wednesday 21 April 2010 12:27:48 Dj YB wrote:
> hello,
> I have tried the pim-users list but got no solution.

I haven't see this question on the kde-pim list - you asked how to remove a
Summary problem.  Was there another thread?

> when I start kontact the next files are reported missing and the program
> dies.
>
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kontact/local-todo.rc
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kontact/local-.rc
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kontact/default-.rc
>
> this has something to do with the summary module since it only started
> after choosing it, and now it is the default and I can't run kontact at
> all. this problem started after the update to 4.4.2

That seems a very strange list of files -

ls ~/.kde/share/apps/kontact/
default-akregator.rc
default-kaddressbook.rc
default-knode.rc
default-calendar.rc
default-kjots.rc
default-knotes.rc
default-journal.rc
default-kmail.rc
default-todo.rc

I doubt if this is anything to do with your Summary problem.  I'd rename all
config files that refer to any of the kde-pim applications and let it start a
blank session.  If that works, pull back, one at a time, the important config
files.  Re-create rather than restore anything that's reasonable quick to re-
create.