nfs mount problem

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 27 10:38:17 UTC 2010

On 04/27/2010 05:22 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Ed and Eli - sorry for the delay on this.  I made a big bwa-hwa and destroyed
> my Win7 completely, to the point where I had to do a factory default install.
> That of course then needed re-partitioning, re-installing F13 and everything
> else.
>
> I'm no nearer sorting this.  I can edit the files on the F12 laptop, but not
> on the F13 one.  You investigation raises questions, but frankly I think this
> is maybe beyond my expertise.  I'll subscribe to the fedora-test list today.
> Have you raised the problem with them yet?

Yes...  Didn't get too much in the way of responses....  And today, less
than 30 minutes ago, I wrote the list to inform them....

As Emily Litella would say...."Never mind".

Someone had rolled back the rhelv4 server to a previous snapshot where
the idmapd.conf hadn't been modified correctly.  I made the common
mistake of assuming....