nfs mount problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 27 18:13:27 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 06:24:56 pm Martin Kho wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 April 2010 19:14:15 Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> > > OK - so it solved it for you.  It looks as though mine is a different
> > > issue, then.  I can't see how it can be a server problem when the files
> > > are editable on the other laptop.  It has to be something local, but
> > > I've no idea what.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > It could be a bug?
> >
> > Eli
>
> Hi Anne,
>
> I'm not using nfs, but I say a Fedora wiki-page [1] telling that in F13
> NFSv4 will be the default. May be this can give you a clue?
>
> Martin Kho
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NFSv4Default

That's worrying.  I'm pretty sure CentOS doesn't support NFS4 - RHEL may do in
the release that came out only a week or two ago, but didn't before that.  I
would think that the server will have to support the same protocol as the
client is using, for it to work?

The wiki page says that the transition should be seamless, and the only
dependency is nfs-utils.  I have nfs-utils installed.  This is something of a
show-stopper for me.

KDE Community Working Group