nfs mount problem

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed Apr 28 04:24:15 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 27 April 2010 22:58:32 Martin Kho wrote:
> > On Tuesday 27 April 2010 06:24:56 pm Martin Kho wrote:
> > > I'm not using nfs, but I say a Fedora wiki-page [1] telling that in F13
> > > NFSv4 will be the default. May be this can give you a clue?
> > >
> > > Martin Kho
> > >
> > > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NFSv4Default
> >
> > Just realised - this can't be the cause.  If it was, I'd not be able to
> > edit any files on that mount, and so far the only ones I've found that I
> > can't edit are those concerned with OpenOffice.
>
> Hi,
>
> If you only can't edit Openoffice.org files, can it be a locking related
> problem?
>
> Martin Kho
>
> > Anne

Brilliant question Martin. Here are a couple of articles relating to work
arounds to that problem.

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/bugs/openoffice-over-nfs.jspx
http://pts.szit.bme.hu/solution_to_openoffice_nfs_locking.html

And here is a guide to properly configure NFSv4

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/servers/setting-up-nfs4.jspx

Eli

believed to be clean.