Hoping Somebody Can Help Me with a Sound Issue

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Fri Apr 30 09:16:58 UTC 2010

Hiyall

I know that this isn't the right mailing list to ask this and I've already
posted a request for help over at:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1355763#post1355763

As stated in the post...

I recently purchased a Toshiba Qosmio x500 and installed Fedora 12. I've got
all the hardware working.

The only real difficulty that I can see is that when I plug my headphones into
the headhphone jack the speakers are not muted. Every mixer application that I
can run shows very minimalistic options; 4 at best. In kmixer the options
shown are: Master, PCM, Mic, Mic1

The information shown below seems to indicate that Fedora seems to have
located some kind of Modem (Please Note the info about mixers on the bottom
indicates it found something from conexant). And because of the order of
things, It would seem that this device has taken precedence.

Any help to properly configure my sound system would be greatly appreciated.

KDE Info Center shows that I am running:

HDA Intel at 0xfo900000 irq 22
HDA NVidia at 0xcdefc000 irq 17

Audio devices:

0: HDA Generic (DUPLEX)