krunner / kscreenlocker can only execute once, require manual kill

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 1 21:01:27 UTC 2010

09:42 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > > I'm seeing a
weird bug in both rc2 and rc3.

> > > When lock my workstation (using
Ctrl-Alt-L) and then unlock
> > > (w/password), re-locking no longer
works.
> > > I have to either kill
> >
> > kscreenlocker or restart krunner
to get it to work again.

> > > Anyone
> >
> > else seeing this?
> >

> Not exactly.  After unlock, I need to press cnt-alt-l
> > *twice* to
activate

> > -- Rex
>
> Well, in my case (and 3 different machine) its
very consistent.
> I can only lock once. Unless I kill the kscreenlocker
daemon, attempting
> to lock via keyboard (Ctrl-Alt-L) or by clicking on the
"lock" tray
> icon, has no effect.
>
> Never the less, as I said in the bug
report, it may have something to
> the nVidia drivers that I'm using. I'll
try reproduce the problem with
> the nouveau drivers when I have some free
time.

FWIW Screen locking works as it should here and I am running nVidia
drivers from rpmfusion.
I'll test some more throughout the evening.
4.4.95/F13-i386 and try and reproduce.

Colin
--
Fedora release 13