KDE desktop effects

Christian Jann christian_jann at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 3 15:54:56 UTC 2010

at 8:40 AM, Christian Jann <christian_jann at yahoo.de> wrote:
> >> Now, when
the window is in this state, I don't seem to see window
> >> borders, except
the window titlebar on top. Maybe the borders are too
> >> thin for me to
notice, or maybe they are not there at all (can one
> >> configure their
thickness anywhere?). Either way, I cannot seem to
> >> navigate the mouse
to "grab&drag" a window border. Or even if I could,
> >> that would probably
resize the window rather than fold it like paper
> >> (the F13 machine is
not here for me to check right now). In emerald, if
> >> the window is *not*
maximized, dragging the border also resizes it by
> >> default, but if it
*is* maximized, dragging the window border does this
> >> paper-folding
effect instead of resizing.

http://imagebin.ca/view/XcbS9F3p.html

> There is no option to display
borders on maximized windows. I use up
> to date F13/KDE 4.4.5. Do you have
some other version maybe?

> Best, :-)
> Marko

OK, I'm using F12/KDE 4.5
you only have to wait some days (August 4th: Release KDE SC 4.5).