Howto switch from 4.5-rc3 to 4.4.5?

Carl G. carl.gaudreault at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 04:06:53 UTC 2010

Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Hi Rex,
>
>> OK, can you at least give us a
hint to what the "flood" of issues are
>> that you are alluding to?

have 38 open bugs, many filed against KDE-4.5 during its stabilization

cycle. There are crashers including full stack-traces filed against

beta1/2 nobody has even looked until now.

> Another example is bug
232054, a rather annoying regression in Strigi
> affecting Dolphin.
> It
was reported against 4.4.69 (so even before beta1), still the fix
> won't
make it into 4.5.0 - if all goes *well* it'll be in 4.5.1.
> I really wish
the stabilization phase would be 4 instead of just 2 months.

> Please
don't get me wrong - I like KDE and I am most of the time a
> really happy
user most of the time. I just don't think I can make a
> difference by
beta-testing.

> - Clemens

Well, you're certainly making a difference
by testing and reporting the issues / bug you are experimenting upstream.
Talking from my personal experience, KDE 4.5 is mature and ready to be
released.

KDE SIG members : I'm proposing to organize a Bugzapping day
for everything related to KDE SC in RHBZ, i'll be glad to participate if i
can in due time.

Carl