KDE 4.5 libraries problem with Skype

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 00:11:46 UTC 2010

2010/8/30 John5342 <john5342 at gmail.com>

> 2010/8/31 Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick at gmail.com>:
> > Maybe because you have a 32 Bits System, there shouldn't have to be a
> > problem... But I'm running a 64 Bit one
>
> You haven't actually so far stated what the problem is you are having
> with skype. Only that it doesn't work. What i can say is it works fine
> here on F13 using qt 4.7 on x86_64. I just installed the standard
> Fedora rpms provided along with the i686 version of qt and the
> appropriate i686 pulseaudio libs. I forget exactly which one is needed
> but i have alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686 and pulseaudio-libs.i686
> installed currently.
>
> --
> There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
> and those who don't...

Yep. It worked fine for me until I upgraded to KDE 4.5 my fedora 13 because
of the new Qt libraries... I can't install 32 bit Skype's dependencies on my
Fedora 13 x86_64 KDE 4.5 because the Qt 32 bit libraries that skype needs
have conflicts with the newer ones, and if I downgrade the Qt Libraries all
my KDE 4.5 installation gets broken

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6