Palm pilots on KDE

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Mon Feb 8 22:49:13 UTC 2010

On Mon 8 February 2010 7:50:18 am Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is anyone using a working sync solution between PalmOS devices and KDE 4
> (Kontact)?
>
> The more I try with KPilot (F12) the more I become convinced that KPilot
> stopped working with Akonadi a while ago. (I had this working on F11 or
> so.)
>
> I'd be content with one-way sync pilot -> KDE for datebook and
> addressbook. Can gnome-pilot share resources with KDE's Kontact? Even
> translating pilot-xfer's pdbs into vcs/ical/... would be good enough,
> just getting stuff out of the palm in an open format, ready for
> consumption by KDE's PIM.
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

What exactly are the issues?
I have kpilot working just fine with Kontact and akonadi. I'd love to see you
get this working as I'm playing with the idea of taking over maintenance of
kpilot.

A few other questions... Kontact version, kpilot version, device, would be
nice :) Also, does the device appear to sync, or does it simply not work
anymore? I've had issues with udev not naming the devices I have been testing
with /dev/pilot or even spawning any device file afaict. I've had to user the
device name "usb:" to sync it.

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix