Palm pilots on KDE

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 9 12:48:29 UTC 2010

Rex Dieter venit, vidit, dixit 09.02.2010 12:45:
> On 02/09/2010 04:28 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
>
>> This is a plain F12 KDE install (fresh install with current updates, not
>> an F11 upgrade), no tinkering with KDE or DG paths or such. I would
>> think that kdepims pulls in all necessary dependencies for akonadi to
>> work, and I didn't find any packages which seem to contain resource
>> agents. Any help would be appreciated, of course.
>
> resource agents are (generally) in kdepim-runtime

Thanks, that got me quite a bit further. (Shouldn't kdepim-runtime be a
dependency of kdepim?)

I was able to set up a proper akonadi resource now (the previous looked
like it ["calendar in local file" resource], but wasn't, it seems).
Syncing with my palm gives me only a very small number of events (very
old ones), though the sync process (kpilot) appears successful.

I tried hooking up the akonadi resource to my old ical file, that
resulted in somewhat newer events showing up, but I also get a process
"akonadi_ical_re" occupying 100% cpu time constantly...

Maybe it'll be better after a reboot (restarting akonadi makes no
difference), I'll keep reporting...

Cheers,
Michael