Palm pilots on KDE

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 10 10:39:58 UTC 2010

Rex Dieter venit, vidit, dixit 09.02.2010 13:55:
> On 02/09/2010 06:48 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
>> Rex Dieter venit, vidit, dixit 09.02.2010 12:45:

>>> resource agents are (generally) in kdepim-runtime
>>
>> Thanks, that got me quite a bit further. (Shouldn't kdepim-runtime be a
>> dependency of kdepim?)
>
> It is in 4.4 , and should be moving forward for any app/package expected
> to make use of akonadi.
>
> (in 4.3.x, nothing in kdepim uses akonadi by default, so we didn't make
> it a hard dependency).
>
> -- Rex

Just a quick update as promised: I couldn't resist going for 4.4.0 from
kde-unstable... All dependencies got resolved appropriately.

Akonadi/kpilot-wise things seems to be much smoother now.

I noticed that rebuilding the akonadi calendar source from the kpilot
data took very long (that was the cpu hog I noticed), but once finished,
that looked okay. Yay.

Michael