F12/KDE4.4: nepomuk related apps not starting

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:57:43 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 18:46:20 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 February 2010 17:28:22 jamatos at fc.up.pt wrote:
> > Quoting Sebastian Vahl <deadbabylon at googlemail.com>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I upgraded my main machine to KDE 4.4 this morning but it seems that
> > > nepomuk
> >
> > > related apps are no starting, eg:
> >
> > > On another machine KDE 4.4 was running since weekend but also showing
> > > this after upgrading soprano and kdelibs to:
> > > kdelibs-4.4.0-3
> > > soprano-2.4.0-0.1
> > >
> > > Anyone else seeing this?
> > >
> > > Sebastian
> >
> > I see this too...
>
> Is it definitely nepomuk, not akonadi causing the problem?  Have you
> checked systemsettings > Advanced tab > Desktop Search to see whether it
> thinks nepomuk is working?
>
> Anne

Hi,
Can it be that all of you have been hit by the virtuoso update from version
5.x to 6,1.0. On the devel list Rex said [1]:

"heads up for folks using rawhide/kde with nepomuk on their boxes,
virtuoso-6.1.0 landed today, and it's data format is different than in the
5.x series."
I removed ~.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repositary/main/data/virtuosobackend and
everything was fine.
Martin Kho
[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-February/130374.html