F12/KDE4.4: nepomuk related apps not starting

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Wed Feb 10 18:20:22 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 17:46:20 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Is it definitely nepomuk, not akonadi causing the problem?  Have you
> checked  systemsettings > Advanced tab > Desktop Search to see whether it
> thinks nepomuk is working?
>
> Anne

It was not working because I had previously disabled as it was using so much
memory as to render the machine useless. At that time I had disabled nepomuk.

Now enabling it again brought everything to a working state. :-)

In any case this is a bug as the applications should work regardless of the
fact that nepomuk is disabled.

Thanks for the tip, it is a lot easier to read email on kmail instead of a web
browser. :-)
--
José Abílio