Crashing X-server after last night f12 upgrade kde-unstable

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Thu Feb 11 05:06:46 UTC 2010

Kevin Kofler wrote, On 02/10/2010 10:04 PM:
> Gene Smith wrote:
>> Booting same mobo with different disk to F11 now. So not a radeon h/w
>> problem. Is it possible to back out the update for pixman? It was
>> definitely working and starting X fine before yesterday (feb 9). Thanks,
>
> Find pixman-0.16.4-2.fc12 in Koji or on a stale mirror, download it, install
> it with rpm -Uvh --oldpackage.
>
>          Kevin Kofler

Koji server seems to be offline. Can't find a stale mirror. Tried
removing "nomodeset" from boot options. Then I could see kdm. However,
kde never ran (just saw the mouse cursor on black screen). X did not die
however. Going back to kdm and selecting gnome, it started OK. Went back
and tried kde again and still black screen with only the mouse cursor.

Maybe there will be an update tomorrow that fixes this. Maybe someone
else with Radeon FD4200 video on mobo will see this.

Was the pixman update from regular f12 updates or testing/unstable?
Also, once (or if?) kde 4.4 is part of regular f12 updates I won't need
testing/unstable updates.

-gene