KDE 4.4.0 testers: please update to soprano-2.4.0.1-1

Benjamin K. Stuhl bks24 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 11 17:51:53 UTC 2010

On 2/11/2010 10:06 AM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> anybody trying out KDE 4.4.0, please update to soprano-2.4.0.1-1.fc12:
>
> I can now log in again and dolphin and gwenview are back. I think it is all ok again.
> Thanks.
>
> Would you please clear up some confusion for me: is sesame2 or virtuoso a nepomuk
> backend? Do I need both? In order to do the update you suggested above, I had to
> uninstall soprano-backend-sesame2, so I now only have virtuoso-opensource (which
> seems to be working fine, I presume). It seems to me that having only virtuoso and no
> sesame2 worked fine, but adding sesame2 and everything fell apart.

Per http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen/?id=1602 , virtuoso is now
the only supported nepomuk backend, so if you have
soprano-backend-sesame2 installed, you should probably uninstall it
after you've started KDE 4.4 once to migrate your Nepomuk data.

Regards,
-- BKS
-----
Benjamin K. Stuhl
Ye Lab / JILA / University of Colorado Boulder and NIST
stuhl at jila.colorado.edu / (303) 735-3621