KDE 4.4.0 testers: please update to soprano-2.4.0.1-1

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 12 10:22:59 UTC 2010

2010/2/12 Paul Scott <paulsscott at gmail.com>:
> I still had a problem with dolphin after logging in:
>
> <unknown program name>(5241)/: Communication problem with  "dolphin" ,
> it probably crashed.
> Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not
> receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
> not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
> the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

Quite interesting. I get the following when i try to start kontact:

<unknown program name>(1897)/: Communication problem with  "kontact" ,
it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not
receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

> I found and killed off the following process which was orphaned and
> then it started working:

But that's not a workaround here. Killing the kontact process and
starting kontact again results in the same error.

> Maybe just left over from my saved profile? Will see if it returns
> after next reboot.

I use "on login start with an empty session" all the time.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium